- The Academic Council shall be the principal academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act and the Regulations, have the control and general regulation of, and be responsible for the maintenance of standard of instruction, education and examinations in the University and shall excercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Regulations and may advise the Executive Council on all academic matters.
- The Academic Council shall consist of the following members namely:-
- The Vice-Chancellor -Chairman
- The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (if any) -Member.
- Five such Principals of colleges who are not members of the Executive Council -Member.
- One Head of the Department of the University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, nominated by the -MemberVice-Chancellor of that university.
- One head of the Department of Member the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, nominated by the Director of that Institute.
- The term of office of the members referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (2) shall be one year.